Sunday, October 19, 2008

What am I going to do?

Before today, I was pretty set on who I was going to vote for. I had chosen to vote for "Change Utah can believe in" by voting for Obama. Today, however, I discovered a lot of things about him that I didn't know. He, apparently, has no desire to protect marriage and family and in fact, supports abortion so strongly that I am surprised people are not comparing him to Hitler or Saddam Hussein...oh wait, they are. I was sickened by what I read about his views. I know that what I read was on some crazy right-wing website but, it had links to proof of what he was saying. I absolutly refuse to pay for abortions or support someone who wants to create embryos just to kill them for stem-cell research.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm wholely against the research, because I'm not. I am against the creation of the embryos en masse just to destroy them. That, to me, is stupid, wasteful and evil. Using fetuses from miscarriages or afterbirth material to run this research is a much better idea. This information will be vital to the medical community but, it is absurd to think that people in this country, even cripples, would ever support this audacious idea!

I also think it is ridiculous that he wants to get rid of all the ammendments that oppose gay marriage. This is just like my high school mascot all over again. I mean, come on, the people have already voted on this issue, why is he going to suddenly come back and say thay have no choice in the matter. What an egoist!
"Ok, so you're president, what are you going to do now?"
"I'm going to overturn laws that were inacted after the voting process was carried out and the American people gave their answer by a clear majority."
"Don't you think that will make people angry?"
"Oh, no...just because they voted doesn't mean they actually know what they want. After all, they voted for me even though I lied about what I believe and refused to answer questions about touchy topics. Why create a stir? I'll just do what I want, now that the brainwashing has clearly taken effect. I mean....that question is above my pay level..."

So, you see my prediament..do I vote for the young, idealistic, baby-hating, gay loving newcomer or for the old guy who has experience and is going to keep our troops in Iraq (where they don't belong in the first place) for 100 years and will drive our economy, health care and educational systems into the ground but loves babies and will fight for the family? That's right..I'm voting for Pedro. Spread the word....Pedro '08!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

On the DOMA note, the reason Obama supports appealing it is for strictly legal reasons. He thinks the right already exists and the law is unnecessary.

http://www.samesexconflicts.com/blog/2008/1/13/clinton-and-obama-support-doma-2.html - "Obama views DOMA as unnecessary on the theory that states already have adequate discretion to refuse recognition. He has explained that DOMA is irrelevant because the Full Faith and Credit Clause does not require one state to recognize another state’s same-sex marriages. That theory has considerable scholarly support."