Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sky's Birthday.

Hello, everybody!  I have decided that I'm going to try to get back into actually using my blog.

Sky's birthday was a few weeks ago and I want to share with everyone the awesomeness that was his birthday cake.  It took me about four hours (yes, FOUR hours.  Baking, making or, rather, seeding the raspberry sauce, icing, applying chocolate, and decorating...phew!) to make but, I made it myself; without a recipe.  (Although the cake was a mix.)  It was a lemon cake with butter-cream icing and raspberry sauce.


Here's a side view:


   Yes, those are white chocolate chips.  Yes, I put them on one by one--by hand.


And, the top view. ^^^

Birthday boy blowing out the candles:



And, the inside:



 

I have now decided to take a cake decorating class with my friend Alice-Catherine.  I will be sure to take pictures of all of the cakes I decorate and share them with you.  :)

I also planned activities for his 27th birthday celebration.  We went to Applebee's for lunch then went bowling.  We went up to the Y-mount parking lot with a few games and played Connect Four and War while talking and watching the sun set behind the mountains.  We love watching the colors on the lake as the sun goes down. Then, we went to Outback for dinner.  We did all these things the day before his birthday because it was Labor Day and he had off school.  On his birthday, I made and we ate the cake.  Then, on Wednesday, we went and saw the movie '9.'  I thought it was pretty lame but, he liked it so, it was all good.  He also loves his present I gave him of Avatar: The last Airbender Complete book 3.  We now own the entire series!  :)   His mom sent him some really awesome gifts, too.  He gets so excited on his birthday because he always gets so spoiled and I love to spoil him.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Where is the recipe? It looks great!

Fisher Crew said...

Great job on the cake! I can't wait to see what else you do! I hope Sky got our serenade on his Birthday. Sounds like you had a great time!

Jennifer Wege said...

Steph, there is no recipe. I just made it up.

Thanks, Bec! He did get your serenade and yes, it was really fun.

kingforaweek said...

The inside is even prettier than the outside.

Janie said...

The cake looks AWESOME. Good work!